Dutch ecommerce expected to grow in 2016
B2C ecommerce sales in the Netherlands are expected to reach EUR 18 billion in 2016, according to a report.
Online retail industry is expected to increase by 12.1% (EUR 18.014 billion), ecommercenews.eu reports. The ecommerce industry was worth more than EUR 16 billion in 2015, according to the Ecommerce Foundation, an independent non-profit organisation, the source cites.
Cross-border sales increased by 30... Read More
Ecommerce transactions up by 21% during 2015 holiday shopping season
From Thanksgiving to 31 December 2015, the number of ecommerce transactions increased by 21% on a year-over-year basis, while fraud attempts grew by 8%.
According to new benchmark data from ACI Worldwide, fraud attempt rates were highest on Christmas Eve (2.4%), Thanksgiving (2%), Black Friday (1.8%) and holiday shipment cut-off days (1.6%). This is a result of two key trends:
- Electronic gi... Read More
51 percent of UK online sales handled via mobileDuring the interval November 2015 ? January 2016, 51 percent of UK online sales have been registered via smartphones and tablets, according to data from IMRG and Capgemini.
The report mentions this is a major increase as compared to Q3 2015 when only 45 percent of ecommerce transactions have been via mobile. The same source reveals that desktops and laptops accounted for 49 percent of total ecommerce sales, while tablets were ... Read More
iDEAL registers over 23% increase in 2015In 2015, iDEAL was used more than 222 million times, a year-on-year increase of 23.2 percent.
The total amount paid with iDEAL in 2015 was EUR 18 billion. With a growing interest in iDEAL abroad, the Dutch Payments Association expects a further increase of the number of iDEAL transactions in 2016.
For the first time, more than 20 million iDEAL payments were made (23 million) in a single month (December 2015). Compared to... Read More
- European ecommerce to continue its steady growth in 2019
- Ecommerce forecast to rise to 24 percent of card spending
- 23 percent of ecommerce in Europe is cross-border, research shows
- Infographic: A comparison of e-commerce in the US and Europe
- Cyber Monday is largest online sales day in history
- Report: ecommerce in Europe to hit EUR 602 bln mark in 2017
- Ecommerce increases with 15% in UK
- US ecommerce sales reach 15.6% in Q3 2016
- Preparing for Increased Holiday Sales: The Definitive Guide
- B2C global ecommerce sees growth in 2015