B2C global ecommerce sees growth in 2015The global B2C ecommerce sales of products and services continued to grow in 2015, according to a recent study.
Compared to 2014, they increased by 19.9%, resulting in an online turnover of USD 2.3 trillion. As a region, Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest share of this amount, with its B2C ecommerce sales surpassing the USD 1 trillion mark. China continued to possess the largest B2C ecommerce market, with its total online sales am... Read More
European ecommerce hits EUR 455 bln in 2015 - report
The European B2C ecommerce turnover grew to EUR 455.3 billion, at a rate of 13.3% in 2015, a recent report reveals.
The European B2C ecommerce turnover in 2016 is expected to reach the EUR 510 billion, according to European BC2 E-commerce Report issued by Ecommerce Europe. There are 296 million e-shoppers in Europe, who spent EUR 1.540 online in 2015.
43% of the European population shop online... Read More
US ecommerce reaches USD 86 bln in Q1 2016Online sales grew 15.1% in Q1 2016 (USD 86.3 billion) and accounted for 11.1% of retail sales when factoring out items not normally bought online.
In 2015, ecommerce accounted for more than 10% of retail sales, without the sales of automobiles, fuel and foodservice. Web sales totaled USD 86.3 billion for Q1 2016, a 15.1% increase over USD 75.0 billion in Q1 2015, according to US Department of Commerce, internetretailer.com reports. ... Read More
Dutch ecommerce expected to grow in 2016
B2C ecommerce sales in the Netherlands are expected to reach EUR 18 billion in 2016, according to a report.
Online retail industry is expected to increase by 12.1% (EUR 18.014 billion), ecommercenews.eu reports. The ecommerce industry was worth more than EUR 16 billion in 2015, according to the Ecommerce Foundation, an independent non-profit organisation, the source cites.
Cross-border sales increased by 30... Read More
- Ecommerce forecast to rise to 24 percent of card spending
- 23 percent of ecommerce in Europe is cross-border, research shows
- Infographic: A comparison of e-commerce in the US and Europe
- Cyber Monday is largest online sales day in history
- Report: ecommerce in Europe to hit EUR 602 bln mark in 2017
- Ecommerce increases with 15% in UK
- US ecommerce sales reach 15.6% in Q3 2016
- Preparing for Increased Holiday Sales: The Definitive Guide
- B2C global ecommerce sees growth in 2015
- European ecommerce hits EUR 455 bln in 2015 - report