European Commission: cross-border ecommerce potential in Europe yet to be unlocked.
Cross-border ecommerce is still an under-developed market in Europe, according to the 2015 edition of the Consumer Scoreboard published by the European Commission.
Research indicates that 61% of consumers feel more confident buying online from their own country (61%) than from another EU country (38%). The Consumer Scoreboard which focuses on The Digital Single Market also found that the lack of ...Read More
iDEAL exceeds 100 million payments in first half 2015
One of the most popular alternative payment methods, iDEAL in The Netherlands, again shows strong growth for the first half of 2015. For the first time since its launch back in 2005, the number of iDEAL payments exceeded 100 million transactions in 6 months time. Compared to the same period last year, the iDEAL volume increased with over 23%.
Simplified online bank transfer
iDEAL - basically an enhanced online bank...Read More
Cross-border online shopping makes waves across Europe
Europe`s share of global cross-border online retail sales is predicted to amount to one quarter by 2025, a recent research study reveals.
The share of online shoppers making purchases directly from foreign online retailers differs from country to country within Europe. Among the largest markets, Italy, Spain, Russia and the UK led in penetration of online shoppers making cross-border purchases at least once a year, as of...
67% Of Spanish Internet Users Shop Online.
In Spain, almost seven out of ten internet users, which
corresponds to 19.2 million Spaniards, shop online, according to
recent research data.
The average of online consumer orders is three times per month, while spending an average of EUR 70 per order. In 2013, it was just 44% of the internet users in Spain who shopped online. In 2015, it’s 67%, or a percentage point increase of 23%, a new study from the Interactive Advertising...
- European ecommerce to continue its steady growth in 2019
- Ecommerce forecast to rise to 24 percent of card spending
- 23 percent of ecommerce in Europe is cross-border, research shows
- Infographic: A comparison of e-commerce in the US and Europe
- Cyber Monday is largest online sales day in history
- Report: ecommerce in Europe to hit EUR 602 bln mark in 2017
- Ecommerce increases with 15% in UK
- US ecommerce sales reach 15.6% in Q3 2016
- Preparing for Increased Holiday Sales: The Definitive Guide
- B2C global ecommerce sees growth in 2015