51 percent of UK online sales handled via mobileDuring the interval November 2015 ? January 2016, 51 percent of UK online sales have been registered via smartphones and tablets, according to data from IMRG and Capgemini.
The report mentions this is a major increase as compared to Q3 2015 when only 45 percent of ecommerce transactions have been via mobile. The same source reveals that desktops and laptops accounted for 49 percent of total ecommerce sales, while tablets were ... Read More
iDEAL registers over 23% increase in 2015In 2015, iDEAL was used more than 222 million times, a year-on-year increase of 23.2 percent.
The total amount paid with iDEAL in 2015 was EUR 18 billion. With a growing interest in iDEAL abroad, the Dutch Payments Association expects a further increase of the number of iDEAL transactions in 2016.
For the first time, more than 20 million iDEAL payments were made (23 million) in a single month (December 2015). Compared to... Read More
B2c e-commerce booming across Southeast Asia
B2c e-commerce in Southeast Asia has seen rapid growth and is predicted to maintain double-digit growth rates for the next several years.
B2c e-commerce trends and developments in the emerging markets of Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam were highlighted in a new report by secondary market research firm yStats.com, titled ?Southeast Asia B2C E-Commerce Market 2015?. In this new publication, th... Read More
Online sales will reach $523 billion by 2020 in the U.S.Forrester says the number of consumers browsing and buying online will hit 270 million by 2020, driven largely by activity on mobile devices.
Online sales in the United States are expected to reach $523 billion in the next five years, up 56% from $335 million in 2015, and mobile devices are expected to be a key driver in that growth, Forrester Research Inc. says.
A new report from Forrester, titled ?U.S. Cro... Read More
- 23 percent of ecommerce in Europe is cross-border, research shows
- Infographic: A comparison of e-commerce in the US and Europe
- Cyber Monday is largest online sales day in history
- Report: ecommerce in Europe to hit EUR 602 bln mark in 2017
- Ecommerce increases with 15% in UK
- US ecommerce sales reach 15.6% in Q3 2016
- Preparing for Increased Holiday Sales: The Definitive Guide
- B2C global ecommerce sees growth in 2015
- European ecommerce hits EUR 455 bln in 2015 - report
- US ecommerce reaches USD 86 bln in Q1 2016