Dutch ecommerce expected to grow in 2016
B2C ecommerce sales in the Netherlands are expected to reach EUR 18 billion in 2016, according to a report.
Online retail industry is expected to increase by 12.1% (EUR 18.014 billion), ecommercenews.eu reports. The ecommerce industry was worth more than EUR 16 billion in 2015, according to the Ecommerce Foundation, an independent non-profit organisation, the source cites.
Cross-border sales increased by 30% due to the growth of online spending by 22% compared to 2014. Cross-border sales increased by more than 30% because 23% (3.2 million) of the Dutch citizens bought at least one item at a foreign website in 2015, spending EUR 513 million abroad.
(Source: The Paypers)
Last modified: 15:50 - April 11th, 2016
- Infographic: A comparison of e-commerce in the US and Europe
- Cyber Monday is largest online sales day in history
- Report: ecommerce in Europe to hit EUR 602 bln mark in 2017
- Ecommerce increases with 15% in UK
- US ecommerce sales reach 15.6% in Q3 2016
- Preparing for Increased Holiday Sales: The Definitive Guide
- B2C global ecommerce sees growth in 2015
- European ecommerce hits EUR 455 bln in 2015 - report
- US ecommerce reaches USD 86 bln in Q1 2016
- Dutch ecommerce expected to grow in 2016