B2c e-commerce booming across Southeast Asia
B2c e-commerce in Southeast Asia has seen rapid growth and is predicted to maintain double-digit growth rates for the next several years.
B2c e-commerce trends and developments in the emerging markets of Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam were highlighted in a new report by secondary market research firm yStats.com, titled ?Southeast Asia B2C E-Commerce Market 2015?. In this new publication, the Germany-based specialist in b2c e-commerce and online payment market intelligence reports on the current state and the potential of online retail in Southeast Asia.
Double-digit growth rates
B2c e-commerce in Southeast Asia has seen rapid growth and is predicted to maintain double-digit growth rates for the next several years. While Singapore established itself as the leading country by e-commerce sales in this sub-region, Indonesia is likely to take over this position due to increasing internet and online shopper penetration within its vast population. Indonesia is predicted to account for more than a third of overall e-commerce sales in Southeast Asia in the next three years.
Some of the major regional players in the e-commerce space in Southeast Asia include online retailer and marketplace Lazada, online classifieds platform OLX and online clothing merchant Zalora. Also global e-commerce websites such as Amazon.com, Aliexpress.com and eBay.com rank high in popularity among internet users in Southeast Asian countries.
Last modified: 15:00 - February 2nd, 2016
- European ecommerce to continue its steady growth in 2019
- Ecommerce forecast to rise to 24 percent of card spending
- 23 percent of ecommerce in Europe is cross-border, research shows
- Infographic: A comparison of e-commerce in the US and Europe
- Cyber Monday is largest online sales day in history
- Report: ecommerce in Europe to hit EUR 602 bln mark in 2017
- Ecommerce increases with 15% in UK
- US ecommerce sales reach 15.6% in Q3 2016
- Preparing for Increased Holiday Sales: The Definitive Guide
- B2C global ecommerce sees growth in 2015