23 percent of ecommerce in Europe is cross-border, research showsThe online cross-border market in Europe has seen a turnover of EUR 95 billion in 2018, corresponding to a cross-border share of total online sales of 22.8%.
These are the findings of the first edition of the Top 500 Cross-Border Retail Europe research by Cross-Border Commerce Europe. Through this research, the organisation wanted to measure the performance of cross-border retailers that are headquartered in Europe.
In 2018, cross-border ecommerce revenue in Europe (including travel) was worth EUR 137 billion. This is an increase of 13.2% compared to 2017. The cross-border share of total ecommerce in Europe is 22.8%.
When travel isn?t included, cross-border ecommerce still accounts for EUR 95 billion, with 55% of it generated by EU retailers and the remaining 45% coming from retailers that are located outside the European Union.
Last modified: 16:52 - March 15th, 2019
- European ecommerce to continue its steady growth in 2019
- Ecommerce forecast to rise to 24 percent of card spending
- 23 percent of ecommerce in Europe is cross-border, research shows
- Infographic: A comparison of e-commerce in the US and Europe
- Cyber Monday is largest online sales day in history
- Report: ecommerce in Europe to hit EUR 602 bln mark in 2017
- Ecommerce increases with 15% in UK
- US ecommerce sales reach 15.6% in Q3 2016
- Preparing for Increased Holiday Sales: The Definitive Guide
- B2C global ecommerce sees growth in 2015