European ecommerce to continue its steady growth in 2019The European online retail sector continues its growth in 2019, after an increase in turnover by 11.87% to EUR 547 billion in 2018, according to Ecommerce Europe and EuroCommerce.
As the European B2C Ecommerce Report 2019 shows, the European B2C ecommerce turnover is forecasted to grow in 2019 by close to 14% to EUR 621 billion. The report outlines the main facts and figures on the ecommerce sector in Europe and provides detailed insights for each European ecommerce market.
Other key findings of the report:
* Western Europe is the largest ecommerce market in Europe, with approximately 66% (EUR 363 billion) of total European online retail turnover, followed by Southern Europe (14%, EUR 78 billion) and Northern Europe (9%, EUR 49 billion);
* Northern Europeans have the highest spending per e-shopper, with EUR 2,046;
* The highest country online shopping rate (88%) in 2018 is Switzerland, followed by the UK (87%) and Denmark (86%);
* The lowest data for online shopping were registered in 2018 in Bulgaria (31%), Romania (26%), and Ukraine (22%);
* Maltese e-shoppers are most likely to order from another EU seller (89%), followed by Cyprus (83%), and Luxembourg (82%);
* Speed of delivery represents a main concern for Montenegro (22%), Hungary (12%), and Turkey (10%);
Last modified: 15:28 - June 11th, 2019
- ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHODS NOW AVAILABLE!
- European ecommerce to continue its steady growth in 2019
- Ecommerce forecast to rise to 24 percent of card spending
- 23 percent of ecommerce in Europe is cross-border, research shows
- Infographic: A comparison of e-commerce in the US and Europe
- Cyber Monday is largest online sales day in history
- Report: ecommerce in Europe to hit EUR 602 bln mark in 2017
- Ecommerce increases with 15% in UK
- US ecommerce sales reach 15.6% in Q3 2016
- Preparing for Increased Holiday Sales: The Definitive Guide